Sunday, March 25, 2007

Week 4 - AA


This week was an extension of week 2's exercise. It was meant to be the week after, but due to the week swap it all got a bit confused. However, I have done it. Not only that, but I actually think that it makes sense!! That's close to being a first.
The idea this week was to show that we know what's going on with getting the signal from the microphones, to the mixer, to the computer, to the speakers. Despite being a little confused during the lesson, I came back and had a quick look one afternoon and worked it out.
So on my plan, which is mostly based on my session plan of week 2 (I changed the bass and first guitar to D/I to stop the mic picking up the drums as well. A tip from someone else in the class), I basically just made a diagram of the birds-eye view of the recording area. I put the vocalist and his guitar in the dead room, because I'd want the vocals to be pure, and not picking up the other instruments.
One problem though, I'm not sure if I could actually set this up properly. I'd have to have a good go of it, which I intend to do as soon as possible. I think I could probably set it up, but then getting the signal through to ProTools and the computer could be more difficult. Although, I did do it last week, so that has to be a good sign. I think that's all that there is to say. I didn't have any problems with the diagram side of it. Which is always a good thing!

1 comment:

Ben said...

Indeed it does make sense, except there is only 1 'Function Box' in Studio 2... I think......
I hate Studio 2.