Sunday, March 4, 2007

AA1 - Week 1 - Facilities Introduction

The first blog of many is going to be used to describe what we did the first week of Audio Arts. Most wasn't very practical, so we just went through the course outline. It all sounds very exciting, and I'm really ready to get into it. I have almost no experience in the area, so even the small amount we learnt was new to me. Learning the studio protocol was easy, and the rules like the no eating or drinking policy and the booking sheet are already set in my head. All the microphone care was graspable and I can even put away a stand correctly now. From what I've seen so far, which admittedly isn't much, the studio has everything a studio needs. I haven't had enough of an oppurtunity to come to grips with anything yet, but it all seems to be top quality. I'm looking forward to experimenting with ProTools and the other software and hardware that I haven't seen.

The main problematic areas I've seen would be the timing issues. I don't think it will be a problem until the ends of semesters, but it will be hard to fit everyone in for all the time they will want and/or need. The only other problem I can see, is that with so many people doing the course now, the area will be harder to keep organised.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I would recommend getting into the studio and figuring out ProTools early rather than waiting to be taught, it'll save you a lot of stress when it comes to projects. And don't be afraid to ask the 2nd or 3rd years for help.

Sanad said...

http://gotemu.blogspot.com/