Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Week 1 - Forum



This week's music tech forum task was to make a speaker make noises by attaching leads to a battery and touching different metal things. To do that, you attach 2 different leads to the positive and negative side of the battery. Then attach one of them to the leads of the speaker and with the other touch the other side of the lead. It makes the speaker pop up each time it happens, so the aim is to do it repeatedly and get it to go fast enough to make a sound. That's the simple part. After I mastered that, I started looking for other objects to test.

After using the suggested paper clips and getting really carried away with that, i moved on to some safety pins. I was wondering if the separated metal bits would have any effect... They didn't really, but it was still something I wanted to test.

I also tried them on the speaker itself, which made a horrid screechy sound. It was interesting though. The recording of it is a bit dodgy, but you can still hear what I did. First of all it's just me touching the two safety pins together and then it's them both on the actual speaker cone. You can hear it below:

Safety Pin Scratch

_____________________________________________________

No comments: